Getting started

Started by beckzy, Nov 22, 2022, 11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beckzy

Getting started:

1) Download the latest SA-MP Windows server from here.

2) Extract all files to a new folder. You can name this your_server_folder .

3) Download the scripts/files package from here.

4) Extract all files to the equivalent directories in your SA-MP folder: bbfr/filterscripts to your_server_folder/filterscripts , bbfr/gamemodes to your_server_folder/gamemodes , bbfr/plugins to your_server_folder/plugins , bbfr/pawno/includes to your_server_folder/pawno/includes .

5) Download MapAndreas and extract the files to the respective directories in your_server_folder.

6) Run your_server_folder/pawno/pawno.exe as administrator.

7) Open your_server_folder/gamemodes/bb_freeroam.pwn and compile (press F5)

8 ) Open each filterscript (individually) from your_server_folder/filterscripts and compile (press F5)

9) Change the gamemode0 line in your_server_folder/server.cfg to gamemode0 bb_freeroam

10) Change the filterscripts line in your_server_folder/server.cfg to filterscripts 4dpalms androidcheck buildings ferriswheel2 h_elevator ls_apartments12 ls_beachside2 ls_elevator2 sf_zombotech2 shamal2

11) If using Windows, add the following line to your_server_folder.cfg - plugins SKY MerRandom pawnraknet PointToPoint sscanf streamer YSF mapandreas . If using Linux add - plugins SKY.so merrandom.so pawnraknet.so PointToPoint.so sscanf.so streamer.so YSF.so mapandreas.so

12) Change rcon_password in your_server_folder/server.cfg from changeme to something else. You can also disable RCON by adding the line rcon 0

13) You might want to add the line chatlogging 0 to disable default chat logging as the script logs everything anyway.

14) Run the server! If hosted on your own PC the IP address will be 127.0.0.1:port . The default port is 7777. You can change this in your_server_folder/server.cfg .

Some notes:

- To make yourself level 7 (head admin) , add without the quotation marks the lines "admin_lev=7" and "admin_id=1" to your account file (remembering to submit a new line) , add to datafiles/a/adminids.ini "admin1=YourNameHere" , add to datafiles/a/admins.ini "YourNameHere=7" , and finally add "admins=1" to datafiles/t/totalstat.ini .

- Admin ID 1 (which you've just added from the note above) has control over all admins, even other level 7s.

- strcmp is used, not a command processor.

- This script uses DINI. When I started developing the script in 2006 there was no MySQL plugin. There weren't any plugins whatsoever back then! By the time plugins became possible in SA-MP and a stable MySQL one was made, I had already coded thousands of lines and decided not to switch from DINI. That was a huge mistake on my side, but feel free to convert to MySQL yourself.

- This script also uses Y_Less' sscanf plugin, Incognito's streamer plugin, cyber_punk's MRandom plugin, YourShadow's Pawn.RakNet plugin, IllidanS4's version of YSF, philip1337's version of MapAndreas, and Slice's version of YSF.

Some admin tips:

- /addorgroof - stand at the position where you want the teleport to be. The minX and minY are the X and Y coordinates from the south west of the roof area - and the maxX and maxY are the from the north east. The minZ and maxZ can't be the same value.

- /addcctv - the interiorID can be found using the client command /interior. The doorID will either be 0 (not in an interior) or something else (in an interior). If it is in an interior the doorID can be found by typing /enexids enabling a chat message with the doorID when you enter or exit an interior. The message is in the format of something like "DOOR ID - %d. USE DOOR - %d." . Use DOOR ID unless USE DOOR is anything other than 0. For organization interiors you can get the doorID from /orginfo. Organization interior doorIDs are of a negative value due to them having a much lower virtual world ID.

- /eventteamscorecolor - requires text like ~r~ for red, or ~b~~h~~h~ for light blue, etc.

I've picked up some bad habits coding in PAWN over the years, but the script is pretty much feature rich and bug free. If you do happen to find a bug though, I know my script inside out and will fix it as soon as I get a chance.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
friendly
funny
informative
agree