How to roleplay better in gang - eclair

Started by Zach, Apr 21, 2024, 11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

Gang Roleplay

Hello, when roleplaying in a gang I have noticed some minor things that can be easily, so today I am gonna do my best on how to RP well in a gang.

Number 1. Guns.
If your gang has org weapons and one of them is an AK, or M4, please /throwweap it or refrain from even collecting org weapons unless it's actually necessary. Having that big M4 or AK-47 on your back and having cops saying /do Is the AK/M4 visible on your back? Is pretty annoying and ruins immersion, not only are most gangs usually in their TEENS and it's harder for them to use such a heavy piece of weaponry, some treat it as toys. Please don't, Assault rifles aren't toys and most gang members would probably hide it in their house or at their go-to stash spot so they wouldn't be arrested for it, because do remember, gang members don't have weapon licenses, even if they did, they'd be considered a cop to others, and most gang members get arrested for illegal posessions of weapons.

Number 2. Ebonics.
As a gang primarily consisting of Hispanic and African-American characters that come from a low to lower-middle class neighborhood, it is important to represent a realistic knowledge of hood-oriented slang and dialect. However, all words should be spelled appropriately to their slang-counterpart.

Example #1
Incorrect: A'yo, whaddup dawg? Sup widdhat shit, mofockah?
Correct: 'Ay, waddup dog? Sup wit that shit, muhfucka?"

Example #2
Incorrect: Aight niggah, kool sheet dough, knawhatimsayin?
Correct: Aight nigga, coo shit doe. Know what I'm sayin?
Also correct: Ight nigga. Coo shit doe, know what I'm sayin?

Example #3
Incorrect:: Ye, I'm gud.
Correct: Yeah, I'm good.
Also correct:Yea, I'm good.
Also correct: Ya, I'm good.

Example #4
Incorrect: Hay doggy, watchu tryin' to do?
Correct: Hey, dawg. What you tryin to do?
Also correct: Ay dog, what you tryna do?
Please, PLEASE, do not use "dawgy" or "doggy". It looks like something a two year old would say.

Number 3. Apostrophes ( ' ) - used to represent ownership or the loss of a letter or to signify a contraction (two words combined into one or a single word, shortened) A special rule, however, designates "it's" should not have an apostrophe when the "s" indicates possession.

Example #1
Incorrect: Johns going in the house with Franks dog.
Correct: John's goin in the house with Frank's dog.

While proper grammar is to add a ' at the end of a word that you took the last letter off of, for roleplay purposes it looks horrible. Think of what you're typing as what you're saying in real life, not what you're reading on a screen.

Example #2
Incorrect: Shit gonna' get real rowdy. I finna' start somethin'.
Correct: Shit's gonna get real rowdy. I'm finna start somethin.
 * Commas ( , )- Use a comma before a coordinating conjunction (and, but, yet, so, or nor, for) when it joins two complete ideas (independent clauses).

Example: #1
I went to the store, then I went to the movies.
or
Near a small stream at the bottom of the canyon, park rangers discovered a gold mine.

Example: #2
John, who spent the last three days fishing, is back on the job again.
credits for 2 and 3 murder

Number 4. Life

An important aspect to be considered when joining a gang is that you are POOR. You come from a poor income area and that is WHY you get dragged into the life - to make money. Don't come around the hood owning a car at the age of 16. 16 years olds don't have money. As you age you can roleplay getting a job at the local Pizza Stack or something and slowly introduce money into your roleplay, or make money off selling drugs once you get put on by a big homie. DO NOT PULL UP IN A SULTAN OR A HUNTLEY OR A FULLY PIMPED OUT SAVANNA. I don't really care how you roleplay it, but it's stupid either way. Roleplay making your money, being a hustler and all grinding that $$$ - buying your first car is a pretty big milestone in your character's life.
DO NOT USE FIREARMS. Only use firearms once you have been introduced to them IC'ly and initiated into the faction. Your character may have to start packing 24/7 and carrying, but that should be your character's decision to do that after for example being shot up by rival gangs daily. One of the big homies should teach you how to use a gun, but even if you get taught how to use one you shouldn't start using them UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY INITIATED INTO THE FACTION OR GAIN PERMISSION. Personally as a Captain in Varrio White Fence 13, when I know someone is about to get initiated and we have to kill someone, I make the outsider take their life and watch how they roleplay the effects of taking a human life. I had an outsider roleplay developing an addiction to nicotine and start chain smoking cigarettes after I made him end the life of a guy who snitched on him and nearly got him arrested. That's the sort of roleplay that is wanted.

There is a BIG difference between carrying a gun, and murdering someone in cold blood.

After hanging around the gang for a while and being introduced to it's many different activities, you will know when you're considered an outsider.
credits paxie

Number 5. Representing.

When a member gets jumped in the gang (affiliated), they are given a bandana, mostly in blood and crip gangs, and they'd hang it on their backpocket. Well, that's the old times.
Nowadays, gang-members rarely colorbang due to police. Think about it, if you were a cop and you see a kid at a blood gang territory and see he has a red bandana hanging out of his pocket? You'd immediately check him out and probably register him as a gang member. Nowadays, gang members don't do that, they do still wear sports wear clothes to show, for example: Eight Tray Gangster Crips wear Texas Rangers caps or shirts, etc due to the big T being their logo, Playboy Sureńos 13 wear Pittsburgh pirates caps or shirts, etc for the big P being the logo, and so on. The main thing is, don't colorbang, unless you are portraying one of the gangs who still do colorbang, which barely any are left.

Number 6. EVEN IF YOU'RE IN A GANG, YOU'RE STILL A NORMAL PERSON

Gangsters don't commit crime 24/7. They're normal people, just like me and you and do normal people shit like go out and eat, hang out with their friends, play video games, have hobbies. This is very important and brings up another point that I mentioned earlier, that you should become friends with other outsiders and develop relationships with them just as you would in real life. You should often do things with them separately rather than hang out in a huge group.

Number 7. OG mixup.

I constantly see OG's being RPed wrong. OG is an Original Gangster, probably in his early adulthood, 21 or older. They have survived for a while and have earned a lot of respect, because of that, they can calm down. OG's are those who order affiliated members around, locals too, they're the ones who find the plug (someone who can get you drugs or guns or anything else you might need) and supply the drugs and guns to the gang. They aren't seen on robberies, murders, etc. Most way an OG is spotted shooting is if it's against a rival gang.

Number 8. Roleplay activities.

One thing that grinds my gears is when people join an org, they get guns, and all they begin to do is rob stores, houses and people. Don't.
Sure, robberies tend to happen but keep it a minimal, gang member's don't want to get caught, they find other ways on making money, some might even have a job.

Here I am gonna list a few roleplay activities you can easily RP.[/b]

Burglaries, trying to sell the stolen items through roleplay scenarios.
Steal items from vehicles, also may and try to sell them.
Gamble, roll dices.
Initiate a block / houseparty, get drunk / high / whatever with the group.
Tag.
Weight lifting, you can turn your surroundings into a Disney land with /do, if you're creative enough, there don't always have to be visible objects for it / there are also Gym's nearby.
Modify your vehicle, through detailed roleplay instead of just going to a vehicle garage and /mod, get creative with it. Maybe even get turning parts from other vehicles by stealing and them install them on yours.
Roleplaying a dog for your character or other pets
If your character is still at school, roleplay doing homework
Doing chores at home for your parents
Nightmares
Rap battle eachother, just cause you don't know how to rap IRL, don't mean you shouldn't try it with your character, it's called development.
Play games (video games, dice)
Watch TV
Family issues
Mealing, get together with the homies for a home-cooked meal, maybe even RP cooking it.
Tattooing, instead of just putting tattoos on your body with /appearance, /me's, /ame's or /do's, roleplay tattooing them.
Take drugs
Roleplay an addiction
Drink
Social media
Memorials, his could include lots of RP such as buying coronas and pouring half out for homies, or throwing shoes onto telephone lines to signify that someone's died on that street.
BMX tricks at a skate park
Medical issues like mentioned previously in this guide
Play basketball
Music videos, if your character is with the right background, musically, why not RP by doing a music video for it, record it and upload it as a In Character video.
credits paxie

There's a lot more to cover but for now, this is it. Please use this and to everyone thinking: "I don't need to read this, my org is good." Trust me, you should read this.

credits to kermit for the guide and some others which he has mentioned, i didn't even write a single thing, just popping this back up as I have noticed a lot of peopl
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
friendly
funny
informative
agree