Narcotics & their effects.

Started by Rabbit, Sep 21, 2022, 02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabbit

I'd like to simply request effects to be added to Drugs.

Each of the above drugs should have a temporary (combination of) buff(s) or nerf(s) applied to the player using them.

Examples listed;
impaired driving,
increased/decreased melee damage output,
increased/decreased damage resistance,
increased/decreased movement speed,
increased/decreased shooting accuracy.

I won't take the liberty of listing which effect goes to which drugs, I'll leave that to you lads. However I would really like to see some good combinations of buffs/nerf applied to each drugs, so that there would be actual demand for certain drugs, which would increase the amount of players selling (but most of all, buying) them.

sgtmol

This will make gameplay more realistic. +1.
Server Moderator
HDO Manager
DG Staff Member

Sweet

Server Moderator
Rules Manager
DG Staff Member

beckzy

Quoteimpaired driving
What?

Quoteincreased/decreased melee damage output
Damage settings are global and not per-player

Quoteincreased/decreased damage resistance,
^

Quoteincreased/decreased movement speed,
Player velocity could be altered, but the effects would be ugly. I'm not willing to use this method.

Quoteincreased/decreased shooting accuracy.
Shooting accuracy can't be edited. A player's aim/accuracy can't be forced. It's a physical skill.

It really is a shame that the adrenaline pickup effects aren't synced. The effect from that would have been ideal.

I don't know what else to suggest.

Rabbit

Quote from: beckzy on Sep 23, 2022, 12:24 PM
Quoteimpaired driving
What?
I meant the drunk driving effect, where steering is being influenced by the effect of being high.

Quoteincreased/decreased melee damage output
Damage settings are global and not per-player
I've definitely seen in other rival 0.3DL RPG servers that there's damage output and resistance effects to cocaine and heroin. I don't know what plugin or feature they are using but it's absolutely possible.

Quoteincreased/decreased damage resistance,
^
^

Quoteincreased/decreased movement speed,
Player velocity could be altered, but the effects would be ugly. I'm not willing to use this method.
Would it even be ugly if it were altered to 98% and 102% ? I'm not saying someone should be able to run 120 percent faster because he used some drugs. Subtle, minor alterations...

Quoteincreased/decreased shooting accuracy.
Shooting accuracy can't be edited. A player's aim/accuracy can't be forced. It's a physical skill.
I don't remember what the default Weapon Skills are set to in the script, but it wouldn't be possible so raise those temporarily as the effect of using a drug?

Quote from: beckzy on Sep 23, 2022, 12:24 PMIt really is a shame that the adrenaline pickup effects aren't synced. The effect from that would have been ideal.

I don't know what else to suggest.

Perhaps this plugin has a solution..

Thank you for taking the time to write such a responsive reply beckzy.

beckzy

QuoteI meant the drunk driving effect, where steering is being influenced by the effect of being high.
Ohh. Well I think the drunk effect starts at 1000 or 2000 drunk level. I could set it to 2500 or 3000 while driving during the drug cooldown period. Which drug would this happen to? & how long will the cooldown be for drugs? Like 1 second per gram?

QuoteI've definitely seen in other rival 0.3DL RPG servers that there's damage output and resistance effects to cocaine and heroin. I don't know what plugin or feature they are using but it's absolutely possible.
My bad , yes of course it's possible by altering the damage when it is given. Which drug effects will have altered damage, and what would the damage differences be?

Quote^
^

QuoteWould it even be ugly if it were altered to 98% and 102% ? I'm not saying someone should be able to run 120 percent faster because he used some drugs. Subtle, minor alterations...
The difficulty also would be that the server has no way of knowing your default velocity (what it is supposed to be without the alteration), meaning if I was to increase it the server wouldn't know if it was already increased. I don't know how I could get around that.

QuoteI don't remember what the default Weapon Skills are set to in the script, but it wouldn't be possible so raise those temporarily as the effect of using a drug?
Max weapon still is too OP. People would use drugs to gain a huge killing advantage.

QuotePerhaps this plugin has a solution..
We already use this. This is what makes it possible to alter damage.